Finding delicious recipes that include sea vegetables can sometimes be tricky. Dulse seems to be one of the few sea vegetables that most people like and is extremely high in valuable minerals. This salad is one where you can literally feel the goodness pumping through your veins.
- Sharp knife
- 3⁄4 head lettuce (any type, though you’ll need 2–3 heads if using Little Gem lettuce)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2–3 large tomatoes
- Large chunk cucumber
- Handful pre-soaked dulse seaweed – soaked for about 15 minutes
- DRESSING: 1 tablespoon raw almond butter, the juice of 1⁄4 lemon, 1⁄4 cup water, handful fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Finely shred the lettuce into thin strips using a sharp knife, and place in a large bowl.
- Dice the avocado, tomatoes and cucumber into medium-sized pieces (approximately 1.5 cm square) and add to bowl.
- Tear the dulse into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Make the dressing by blending the above ingredients and pouring over the ingredients inside the bowl. Mix everything together thoroughly.
If you don’t like dulse in strips, try dulse flakes or “Atlantic Sea Salad”, a sea vegetable mixture.
Not yet subscribed to my blog? Click here to receive immediate notifications when blog posts go live.
Want the printable version of this recipe? Click here!
This recipe was published in my weekly eZine last Friday. If you’re not yet a subscriber to the “Successfully Raw” eZine and would like to be, click here to reserve your weekly copy delivered every Friday.