International Raw Food Day is coming!
Each year on 11th July people from all around the world gather together online and offline to celebrate the life-giving and health-restoring properties of nutritious and delicious raw and “living” food. This day is an opportunity to spend some quality time really thinking about how we nourish our bodies – we are what we eat, remember?! – and to give thanks for the abundance and diversity of amazing plant foods that we are blessed with on this planet.
Wherever you live in the world and whether you are completely new to raw food or a long-time enthusiast, International Raw Food Day is a day for you and those you love to enjoy raw food and the pleasures of eating for wellness like never before!
I invite you to get into the spirit of International Raw Food Day and help spread the word by choosing one or more of the following celebratory activities:
- Download your free copy of Go Raw for a Day! – this will give you and anyone else you’d like to inspire everything required to know to go raw for 24 hours in the easiest and most enjoyable way possible.
- Make every member of your household a raw food packed lunch and/or serve a special raw smoothie for breakfast.
- Take a raw hamper into work to share with your work colleagues. This might include a fruit bowl or fruit salad, a big bottle of juice, some crudités with a raw dip and some raw cookies or cake. This is your chance to show off and have fun all at once. It certainly will be a work lunch to remember!
- Hold an IRFD party at your home or at a friend’s house and make some irresistible raw food for your guests – get inspiration using the Go Raw for a Day! eBook, by getting hold of a copy of my 20 Raw Food Recipes eBook or by pulling your own favourite raw food recipe book
- Host a “potluck” where everyone brings their favourite raw dish. It’s a fun way to share recipes and meet like-minded people. You can advertise it on www.meetup.com.
- Go to a raw food restaurant for at least one meal – maybe that one you’ve been promising yourself a visit to for months, or even years!
- Give a talk or raw food demo at your local health centre or favourite group about the wonders of raw food and your experience of it.
- Get in touch with the media and be a raw spokesperson or host a raw lunch for a journalist.
- Write about your IRFD experience on your blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. and share photos of the recipes that you made.
- If you’re in the raw food business, create a special offer for a period around July 11th to encourage people and get them excited.
- Ask your local health store if you can do a demo there – choose to demonstrate something simple but impactful so that people can take it in as they shop (a green smoothie always goes down well – the recipe is in the Go Raw for a Day! eBook)
Why not come and join my free Facebook Community to celebrate together with the group? We’re going to be doing lots of fun things in there 🙂 Click here to join.
All details are now up at www.InternationalRawFoodDay.com
If you’re already on my email list, there’s nothing you need to do – just look for the email you all have received on Monday 8th July from me and it will tell you all you need to know.
And here’s this week’s podcast with a quick update from me, including why I created International Raw Food Day all those years ago. 9 mins 55 listening time.
So what are you going to be doing this International Raw Food Day? We’d love to hear what your plans are by posting in the comments section below.