There’s nothing more refreshing than a lovely summer salad made with fresh green leaves and juicy fruits. This one works especially well, and you’re bound to have lots of lettuce and mangos in your kitchen during the warmer months, so this is a great way to combine the two.
Sharp knife, Blender
- 1 large very ripe mango
- 1 head lettuce of your choice (Battavia, Cos or Lambs lettuce works well.)
- Handful fresh coriander (cilantro)
- OPTIONAL: 1 additional large mango plus 1⁄2 cup water and 2 tablespoons hemp oil to dress
- Finely shred the lettuce into thin strips using a sharp knife and place in a large bowl.
- Chop the mangoes into thin strips or cubes and add to the bowl.
- Finely chop the coriander (cilantro) and add to the bowl. Mix all ingredients well.
- Serve as is, or top with a dressing as per the optional recipe above. Make by blending all ingredients well, ensuring no lumps.
- You can make another great salad using orange segments alongside your traditional lettuce, avocado and tomato. Orange also tastes wonderful added to this particular salad.
Not yet subscribed to my blog? Click here to receive immediate notifications when blog posts go live.
Want the printable version of this recipe? Click here!
This recipe was published in my weekly eZine last Friday. If you’re not yet a subscriber and would like to be, click here to reserve your weekly copy delivered every Friday. Read last week’s entire issue here.